Vehicle Registration in Bothell, Washington

What do I need to do before or when I renew?

  • If you have recently moved, make sure you update your address.
  • If required, take your vehicle in for an emission test.
  • Pay any possible tickets or Good To Go! fees.
  • Have your renewal notice or license plate number and ID with you to renew.

Skip a Trip. Renewing Online Is Easy!

We mail out twice a day or you can pick up your registration in our office.
  • If you've recently moved, make sure you update your address first.
  • Click on "Renew Tabs Online"
  • Select "Start Renewal"
  • Navigate through the renewal process
  • Choose to pick up or have your tabs mailed to you.
  • Select “Worthington Brokerage, Inc.”
  • Print receipt for your records

Who can pick up tabs?

The registered owner of the vehicle or any immediate family member of the registered owner with the same last name or address can pick up or renew tabs.

When can I renew my tabs?

You can renew up to 6 months before your tabs expire. For your convenience you can sign up for email reminders.

Lost/Stolen/Damaged Tabs

You can replace lost, stolen or damaged tabs online or in person at Worthington Licensing.

How do I change my name on my registration?

If you have changed your name, you must update your vehicle and boat records. Changing your name on one vehicle does not automatically change it for every vehicle in your name. If you make payments on your vehicle or vessel, you must change your name with your lien holder.
To change your name on your vehicle or vessel you will need:

License Plates

When a vehicle changes ownership, it gets new license plates and registration. Although, there are exceptions. License plates do not need to be replaced if:
  • You are removing a deceased spouse or domestic partner from the title.
  • The vehicle is being given to you by your spouse, domestic partner, immediate family member, as inheritance, or a trust in which the registered owner or their immediate family members are the beneficiaries of the trust.
At Worthington Licensing we are able to issue Special Design Plates. If you would like Personalized Plates, you will need to fill out and submit the Special Background, Personalized, or HAM Operator License Plate Application with the required fees (contact Worthington Licensing for fees) to:
Department of Licensing
P.O. Box 9909
Olympia, WA 98507-8500