Vessels in Bothell, Washington

Worthington Licensing does not stop at vehicles. We title, register and renew boat decals for our customers in Washington as well.


You must title and register your boat in Washington State within 60 days of moving to Washington. If you live in Washington and are buying a boat you must transfer the title and register within 15 days.
To title and register your vessel in Washington State you will need:
  • For a new vessel, Manufacturer's Statement/ Certificate of Origin
  • For a used vessel, the current title and registration. If a lien holder holds the title, you will need a fax or photocopy of the title being held by the lien holder. If your title has been lost you must apply for a duplicate title from the state of issuance.
  • Proof of sales tax paid
  • Vessel Data/Use Tax Form
Yacht Boat Sailing - Boat Licenses in Bothell, WA

Vessel Decals and Registration

After you have titled and registered your boat, you will receive your registration and a set of decals with the assigned registration number (WN #). You will also get Vessel Numbering Instructions showing how to properly display the registration number and decals on your boat.

Boater Safety Education

Washington State law now requires anyone ages 12 or older to pass an approved boating safety course and receive a Washington State Boater Education Card before operating a boat of 15 HP or greater. You can get your Boater Education Card for a one-time fee of $10. The card is good for a lifetime and valid throughout the U.S. and Canada. For a list of approved safety courses and a Boater Education Card application visit the Washington State Parks Boating Program.

Clean your boat before you float!

To prevent the spread of aquatic nuisance species, decontaminate your boat, boat trailer and gear before entering Washington. For details, see Aquatic invasive species (Department of Fish and Wildlife).


By law, you must file a Vessel Report of Sale within 5 days when your boat has been:
  • Sold privately
  • Given as a gift to another person
  • Traded, either privately or to a dealership
  • Donated to charity
  • Turned over to an insurance company
  • Disposed of Bring the Vessel Report of Sale into Worthington Licensing and we will file it for you at no charge or mail it to:
Department of Licensing
PO Box 9038
Olympia, WA 98507